Monday, November 23, 2009

I've lost track of the days

It's that part of a trip when I can no longer remember what number day it is. I know it is Tuesday because yesterday was a workshop day. All went well and the venue at PCARRD was excellent. A great group to train again, although it was a bit daunting when everyone of them had a PhD. Dr Patricio Faylon opened the workshop which I was not expecting. I didn't think it was that high level.



After the workshop there were a couple of hours of meetings at IRRI, and a tour of the rice museum which was fascinating.



Both PCARRD and IRRI are located in Los Banos which is in the hills about two hours from Manila. It was affected by the typhoons and our driver, Serafin, was telling us that there were still many houses and streets that are flooded.

Had my first ride on a trike on Sunday, thought the diesel fumes were going to kill me! The whole time we were weaving through the traffic the drive was texting - amazing.



We drive back to manila today and then fly south to Davao.



Had a nice night out last night with Debbie Templeton from ACIAR who is also at IRRI. She took us to a local square full of restaurants and we had margheritas and seafood - best meal I've had here.



Talking of food, it's breakfast time - I wonder if I will try the garlic rice today? Maybe not!!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure where the political murders were in Mindanao but I hope you're nowhere near that area! Good luck with the last couple of days - hope you get some relaxing in... :) xxx

    PS Mmmm garlic rice - what more could you want for breakfast?!

    ReplyDelete